Actionable Knowledge for Business Climate Change Decision-Making
So Much To Know About Climate Risks and Opportunities . . .
So Hard To Find Actionable Knowledge
From Information Deluge
Input almost any climate change relevant search term into your internet browser and you’ll get millions of hits. It’s an information deluge. As the business materiality of climate change increases, information overload will only increase.
To Actionable Knowledge
There is no one-size-fits-all actionable knowledge for climate change decision-making. Different decision-makers are looking for different kinds of actionable knowledge. Our proprietary Climate Web knowledge solution helps you find yours.
And Robust Decision-Making
Robust business decision-making requires a thorough understanding of the changing environment of climate change. Proprietary tools integrated with our proprietary Climate Web can make your decision-making better informed and more robust.
The business decision-making environment around climate change is shifting rapidly, and is characterized by a growing climate information deluge. The Climate Web is a proprietary knowledge solution developed by the Climatographers to supporting robust business climate change decision-making. It organizes a massive amount of business-specific climate change risk and opportunity information. While the Climate Web is open-access, there are several reasons for business users to take advantage of the Climatographers’ support in utilizing the Climate Web:
- We can help you build Customized Doorways that will leverage your time by 100:1 in finding and linking you to the topics, topical headings, and index entries of most interest to you in the Climate Web.
- You can take advantage of hundreds of tags in the Climate Web that take business climate information curation to the next level, allowing you to access Dashboards like “Carbon Pricing 101” and Core Libraries like “Business Climate Risk.” Tags are not normally visible in the Climate Web.
- The Climatographers have access to thousands of journal articles referenced in the Climate Web that cannot be made open-access because they sit behind paywalls.
- We can help you build your own business knowledge management systems by downloading “slices” of the Climate Web, or the Climate Web in its entirety.
- Several business decision-support tools and capabilities are built into the Climate Web, including Climate Assumptions Audits, the Climate Risk and Materiality Dashboard, and the Climatographers’ Climate Risk Scenario Planning Program. They are not normally visible in the Climate Web, but can be easily accessed and utilized.
For more information on our products and services, visit our Services page or sign up for a free consultation on how to take the most effective advantage of the combination of the Climatographers’ 30 years of climate advisory experience and 20,000 hours building the Climate Web.
30 Years of Climate Change Expertise
- Founded First U.S. Consulting Firm to Specialize in Business and Climate Change (1991)
- Organized First Carbon Offset (1989), Built First Carbon Pricing Model (1995)
- Did First Carbon Footprints (1993), Took First Company Climate Neutral (1996)
- Developed the Climate Web, a Comprehensive Decision-Support Tool for Climate Change (2012)
"Unsurpassed knowledge of climate change risk...."
"We've worked with Mark's team for over 15 years, starting in 1996 when he briefed us on the then-new idea of carbon offsets. Mark is a rare breed of consultant- deep expertise, yet an ability to translate highly technical information and make it easily understandable. Mark is a brilliant, creative, strategic thinker. We highly recommend him and his team for just about anything!"
Chief Catalyst, Hirshberg Strategic
"Unparalleled grasp of climate change policy."
"Mark and his team combine true brilliance with an unparalleled grasp of climate change policy and its implications for business. Mark’s strength is his ability to bring rare insight and creativity to a whole range of issues confronting businesses and policymakers."
Stockholm Environment Institute
Get Our Free Report:
The How and Why of Climate Change Assumption Audits